Twice this week we’ve talked to customers who have a URL on their business card, but they don’t yet have a website. When customers go to the address – they get placeholder pages and nothing more. Neither has hired us to create their page – yet. So, in the meantime, our suggestion to each of those businesses was to direct their customers to a Facebook page, which is free.
Here’s how to redirect a domain to your Facebook page with a GoDaddy account:
- Create your Facebook page: http://www.facebook.com/pages/create.php (Make sure you make your page visible to everyone – not just people who ‘like’ it.)
- After you finish creating, log out of your account, then go back to your page, and copy the url, which will look something like this:
- Take off the http:// from one end, and the question mark and everything behind it from the other end, so you’ll end up like this:
- Log into your godaddy account.
- In the left hand column, under “My Account” and “Domain Related” click on “Domain forwarding”.
- Click on the domain you want to forward. A popup window will appear. Leave the option at http://.
- Type in the Facebook URL that you’ve modified.
- Click ok.
And yes, we create those beautiful Facebook pages, too!