This week a very popular plugin was hacked, and lots of webmasters across the internet found that their websites were referring visitors to less than savory locations. Thankfully, none of our customers use this plugin. Nonetheless, this could happen to anyone.
Here’s how we protect our client website in case something like this happens to them:
- We update sites very frequently. This includes plugins, themes, WordPress, and even PHP version.
- We keep several backups of websites.
- We have security in place that guards against unauthorized logins, brute force attacks, and other vulnerabilities.
- We have a really good host that stays on top of things.
- We stay on top of things, and have tech contacts that notify us when something big comes down.
Things still can happen, but we’re confident that we are doing the very best we can to ensure the safety of the websites that are entrusted to our care!